This position is Bonus and Commission Eligible
QR Code Link to This Post
As an integral member of the Service Team, the Service Technician primarily completes service requests including participation in an emergency after hours on-call rotation schedule, assists in make ready of vacant apartment homes, and performs preventive maintenance as directed by the Service Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Service Requests
1. Completes service requests as directed by the Service Manager.
2. Logs and completes requests on mobile devices.
3. Makes Service Manager aware of any concerns noted in apartment homes that may require follow-up when completing service requests.
1. Performs make ready of vacant apartment homes as directed by the Service Manager which may include maintenance, painting and/or cleaning tasks.
2. Completes the “Apartment Punch-Out Maintenance Report” accurately and gives to the Service Manager upon completion of the punch and/or updates Yardi directly through use of the mobile devices.
C. Preventive Maintenance
1. Performs preventive maintenance tasks as directed by the Service Manager.
2. Conducts periodic unit inspections through use of the mobile devices.
D. “Emergency On-Call”
1. Shares in “Emergency On-Call” as directed by the Service Manager. This requires 24-hour availability during the “on-call” period.
E. Other Duties
1. Perform other tasks such as picking up the grounds, compacting trash, set up or move model furniture, etc. as directly by the Service Manager or Community Manager.
2. May be requested to help at other properties including “On-Call”.
3. Helps perform legal evictions of residents supervised by the local police department as requested.
4. Other tasks as may be occasionally assigned by Property Manager or Service Manager.
Experience/ Qualifications: A. Previous Work Experience
1. Prefer a minimum of one year of experience in apartment maintenance.
2. Experience in dealing with the general public is helpful.
1. Must pass the IPM Maintenance Test with a minimum score of 70%.
1. Must be certified Universal or Type I and II for refrigerant recovery.
2. Trade school courses in HVAC, electricity, plumbing, etc., preferred.
3. High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
4. Some written skills required for filling out work orders.
5. Basic computer skills such as navigating a web browser helpful
1. General good health with ability to climb ladders, enter attics, move appliances and all other normal activities associated with apartment maintenance.
2. Personal grooming, dress and appearance in keeping with normal expectations for maintenance professional.
E. Continuing Education
1. Successfully completes all in-house and on-line training programs related to their maintenance level as defined in the Integral Property Management policies and procedures manual.
Integral Property Management Group Offers:
Paid vacation, paid sick, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, company paid Long Term Disability and company paid Basic Life Insurance.
Integral is an equal opportunity employer.